Our daily grind doesn't have to be such a grind. Sure we spend most of our waking weekday hours with people we never chose to spend all this time with, but it only takes one person to start a fun prank war. Co-workers who already have a long history of pranking one another can attest to the fun it brings to the office. Here are a few simple pranks to get you started if you want to add more fun to your workspace.
1. Hidden cat sound. We love this for the ease, the cheap price tag ($9.95) and the endless possibilities. Just activate, hide it and watch the results as co-workers try to figure out how a cat got into the building. This Amazon review from an office prankster explains the caveat of hiding it too well (LOL). You can also get a low battery smoke alarm sound, crickets, or a record-your-own custom annoying sound with our other new devices.
2. Printed fake computer monitor sticker: This is actually an item we are working on producing to make your pranking life easier. Imagine an adhesive (easily removable) sticker you can place on a monitor that looks like a screen but shows the Windows blue screen of death, a software update page that says "Loading 7%", a broken screen, or a "you've been hacked notification" with a ransom notification to a phone number of your choice for extra fun. In the meantime, feel free to make your own.
3. Fake poop in the bathroom or by the entrance. Fact: 100% of people think poop is gross. So leave some on the toilet seat or in a really public space. While the rubber poop varieties are cheap and easy, we prefer Edible Fake Poop because the prankster can swoop in as the hero to pick it up and have it ooze through her fingers. 100% of office mates will think it is gross.
4. Tin foil EVERYTHING in an office/cubicle. This is probably the most time consuming and maybe most expensive without a Costco membership, but the images are priceless. And what better team building exercise for the pranksters?
5. Life-sized cardboard cutout of the boss in the toilet stall. I'm ordering one of myself as we speak because I know Jen won't read this blog. I'll be sure and post an Instagram video on Cyber Monday when she opens the warehouse bathroom door and finds a cutout of me sitting on the toilet - seriously already laughing. If the idea of taking a proportionate photo and ordering a cutout is too daunting, a life-sized inflatable person (like Man Akin) is cheaper and can freak people out just as much when placed in a dark corner. The customization makes it so much funnier though.
Comments will be approved before showing up.